Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blurry


So I seem incapable of taking decent pictures lately! Despite that, today the Gavyn sweater is blocking. I think it might benefit from a quick spin in the dryer later, just to fluff it up a bit. I've also started on a coordinating hat for the mom.


This is a slipper in progress for my mom. It's the only other close-to-FO I have to show, and March is almost over! Hoping I'll be more prolific in the coming weeks!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Snippets


I have several projects in the works lately, and wanted at least to give you a glimpse of each of them since I probably won't be finishing any soon. This first one is a little alpaca/cotton sweater for the son of a friend. I've had the yarn forever and this seemed an appropriate project for it. If I have enough left over, I may make a matching hat for his mom!


Here is the colorway for Wingspan II. It's really out of focus but I think that's OK for color viewing.


This is a new pair of socks, and I'm using the awesome wooden sock needles that Neuro gave me for Xmas. They're the perfect length for socks, very pretty, and great to use as well!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wingspan, Part I



I have two skeins of Classic Elite Alpaca Sox yarn that absolutely refuse to become socks. They pool, they gap, they otherwise cry and carry on in all sorts of ways. So, they are becoming Wingspans instead. I finished the first one last night, and cast on the second one this morning. They are, indeed, a pleasurable and addictive knit!

Up Close



This looks even cooler up close! The colorway for Part II is very different, yet will be cool in its own individual, non-sock way.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finally Socks


I finally finished these socks this past week! I'm also a little more than halfway through the next pair, and I think the third and final pair may actually become a scarf instead - the yarn is quite unhappy trying to be a sock (which means I need to cast on a new pair today - woo hoo!!).

More Beading


This time a bracelet, with beads strung onto memory wire. A surprisingly easy and fun project. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fashion coordinating earrings with what few beads I had left over.