Thing A Month - May - Knitting Backwards

Dear Neuro,

I'm so glad you suggested that we make Grey Gardens!  It's a terrific pattern with very helpful details.  I not only learned a lot about the construction of entrelac, but I also had the chance to practice on bigger yarn and needles.  The knitting backwards part was pretty easy in the end (thanks to VeryPinkKnits) , although it was often times way less fiddly to turn the work (especially at the edges) than to attempt a backwards K2tog.  Here is Kylie modeling the finished item:


I gave up on the original pattern I'd selected for the entrelac socks, and ended up fashioning my own, using some tips derived from the combination of several different patterns.  With a bit of puzzling as to how to do this in the round, and with the realization that entrelac is knit on the bias so some creative decreasing/increasing is needed at the cuff and ankle, I am off to the races:



It's funny how the self-striping yarn makes these color changes look deliberate!  It is such a cute and jaunty thing, I'm having a hard time putting it down!

I hope you're able to have some yarn fun once you finish with your very busy time!

Love,
Oogy

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Your version of Grey Gardens makes me wish it was cold again! It's very beautiful. Also, those socks are PERFECT. That yarn has found its destiny.
I'll be lucky to have Grey Gardens finished by the end of May, but I'm happy to say that my grades for the semester are in--now I can catch up on sleep and yarn flinging.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows

Spring Has Sprung!!