Brewing Coldly

Guess what day it is???????

I am still incredibly joyful about the amazing experiences I had this past weekend with dear and vaccinated friends.  I had unmasked coffee with a local friend on the patio of a bakery/deli, and I think we'd still be there if I didn't have to dash off to pick up supplies for later in the day.  Which is when the Ws came for a visit and dinner!  We sat both outside and inside, ate perfectly ripe and fresh strawberries, sang, and consumed the Balti Baseline.  And hugs all around!

There is a different vibe in person.  I'm not sure if I can identify it or even explain it, but it's something like the relaxed silence inbetween parts of conversation.  This seems a bit subdued over the phone or internet.  It was so lovely to have a full day of this!

I continue to enjoy my introverted work experiences and meeting virtually with distant friends as well!

I didn't get in nearly as much knitting as you might think.  But I did discover a new obsession - cold brewing!  It started when I needed to have some iced tea to offer the Ws.  I gathered a few random teabags, stuck them in a pitcher, and put it in the fridge the day before.  It was a hit!  I had the last glass the following day and it was so smooth it didn't need any sweeteners or anything.  I'm definitely going to try this again, next time with some older loose teas that just don't seem to get used in the wintertime.

I'm also about to try my first batch of cold brew coffee!  I got a pitcher/filter combo and it just finished steeping this morning.  I'm drinking my usual hot coffee at the moment, but am looking forward to trying this concentrated coffee goodness later in the day!

OK, here's the obligatory knitting picture:

It might be about 2" longer by now, but it's still steady going.  I've started the third yarn cake, which means I've already consumed 800g of this stuff!  The pattern divides for the sleeves after 15", but I got some extra yarn so I can make it a bit longer.  Will keep you posted!

In wildlife news - the hay is very high now and we're expecting to see the farmer any day!  In the meantime, Oogyhubby was getting the mail one day last week when a deer head popped out the SIDE of the wall of hay, looked around in both directions, saw him standing nearby, and popped back in again - kind of like it was sticking its head out a shower curtain, LOL.  Who knows what kinds of other things are going on in there??

Stay safe and well :)

Comments

neuroknitter said…
It's slow going with all those stitches, but then each sleeve is going to be very quick! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons