A Possible Casapinka Obsession

So Happy It's Thursday!!

These blog postings have been getting further and further apart!  For that I blame my very busy revenue-generating activities that pay for the wine and yarn that I use to recover from the busy-ness.  Hmmmm...

Speaking of yarn - I've just completed the knitting on the GMS sweater.  I have to say, it took way longer than I thought, but I really like the way it's turning out.  I've got some ends to weave in, some blocking to do, and some lovely closures to sew on - then you can see it!

Ironically enough, it looks like the pattern was released today as well!  I look forward to adding a project page with all my modifications.  (And I also wonder how this would knit up in their wool/tencel blend that they also have listed with the pattern!  The drape with the Lana is nice though.)

In the meantime, this has happened:

Remember last summer when Casapinka had that fun KAL?  And then she had another in the fall (that I still haven't finished)?  And then I got another one of her patterns to make someday?  Well, here we are again.  I'm going with a whole different color palate.  The coral caught my eye, and I thought the rest would go rather nicely with my new sweater, LOL.  If I'm going to continue to make everything Casapinka designs, I need to start branching out with my colors!

In other news - the deer look like Loch Ness monsters walking around in the very high grass in the field.  We keep wondering when the farmer will be by to mow or do whatever.  We also have some bunny rabbits that like to hang out on the driveway about 2/3 of the way down to the road.  And the usual cats patrolling the perimeter.  No sign of anyone else, but it's hard to see anything with all the foliage in the way!

Stay well and safe :)

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The coral and grey are going to look so awesome!
I heard one reason that hay is being left uncut in some areas: nesting bobolinks. Have you seen any birds that appear to be wearing a tuxedo backwards?
Oogyknitter said…
Interesting!!! I can't say that I've seen or heard them, but I will definitely be on the lookout for them!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons