Third Annual Dyeing Weekend!!

Well, it's not Memorial Day this year, but we made it happen - The Third Annual Dyeing Weekend Extravaganza!!!


 LW and I were here, and we Zoomed with Neuro!!  What you see in the pic is LW's work on the left; she painted many of the dye colors onto the tubes I'd cranked for her.  (Neuro did a lot of painting as well and will hopefully show her pics soon!)  My stuff is on the right; there are two small skeins of pink and purple that I needed to finish socks for our horse friend, and there are three skeins of zebra sock yarn that I just poured the three colors onto.  Everything got heated in the dedicated microwave (except I just let the wee skeins soak in the boiling water just after I'd mixed the dye).  We had an absolute blast!!

(I'm thinking of doing a Stephen West pattern with the zebra - although I don't have anything specific in mind just yet!)

Of course there is a ton of stuff yet to dye (both yarn and roving!), and I was so excited about cranking tubes for Neuro and LW that I totally forgot to do mine!  (The yarn cakes have been patiently sitting next to the CSM this whole time!)  Well, the dyes are all made up so in theory I can just buzz down there and dye a quick skein here and there!

Oogyhubby and JW also had a small project - assembling Oogyhubby's new grill/smoker!  Its name is Kooker (rhymes with nuker).  Sophie the Dog took her usual place under the deck.  There were no steeplechases (at least none that we know of!).

I'd made pulled pork in the crock pot so just had a few items to prep for dinner.  LW made a beautiful and delicious carrot cake, which Oogyhubby also had for breakfast today, LOL.  It was a lovely day!

I've otherwise continued knitting on the sweater - right now I'm very close to connecting the tops of the shoulders (the pattern calls for a 3-needle bind-off there, it should be nice and stable).  The sleeves come next, then the band, then blocking, then closures.  The end is in sight!  It will be lovely, and it really has been a very nice project.

Work continues to go well, and I'm taking a couple of courses myself - some ops classes to get some ideas for work, and R courses as an alpha tester.  So there's always something to do!

Stay safe and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
We sure did brighten things up!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons