Here We Go!!!

Hello on this Freezer Bingo Sunday!!  (This is where I find a soup, chili, or stew that I've made in the past and then frozen the leftovers.  Grab one at random, heat it up, add rice, and poof - instant dinner!!)

I FINALLY got to dyeing the yarn for the SW KAL (that started this past week!):

Neuro - this is a little different than what I was describing to you earlier, but it's along the same lines.  I ended up using Bright Purple (the dark one) but didn't worry too much about stirring it around and distributing the color uniformly, so it's got some nice gradations in there.  For the lighter color I used Wild Iris, but only very sparingly in the dyebath with random yet concentrated areas of speckles and no stirring.  It came out a lot less uniform, and there are areas where you can tell the underlying yarn was a very warm beige (leaning towards peach but not quite).  On top is my AC, Salty Tales by Hedgehog Fibres.  The yarn is still a bit damp today so I'll likely have to wait another day or two to wind it into balls and cast on - but I'll be printing out Clue 1 today!!

Other items in the works: Mountain Musings (coming to the end of Clue 4, but still two more clues to go!), slippers for Marty (Cascade 220, still winding into balls), and a hat for Dr. K. who is retiring at the end of the year (Blue Mood in Valley Superwash, about to go looking for a nice squish pattern in Ravelry).  And myriad others in various stages of contemplation or completion!

Stay safe and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Awesome colors!! Wild Iris is my new favorite dye color.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons