Vaccination Day!!

Hello on this crazily summer-like November day!  We'll be having shrimp cavatappi for dinner tonight.

OK, so last Saturday was Vaccination Day.  Daisy got her rabies and distemper boosters, and I got my flu shot and Omicron booster.  We both took a nice long nap that afternoon and don't seem to be much worse for the wear otherwise!  (And now are full of antibodies - yay!!!)

Work has been getting in the way of knitting again; the last couple of weeks have been especially busy.  This is definitely a First World problem, but it leaves me with very little progress to show you.

However, I think I've done enough on Twists&Turns to demonstrate some progress:


Lately I've just had this at my desk so I can knit a couple of rows here and there during a meeting where I'm not presenting or taking tons of notes.  Which hasn't been often, LOL.  I'm in no rush, and I can't wait to see how this thing evolves.  I've got a LOT more repeats of this section before moving on to Part 2, but at least now I feel like I know what's going on!

I'm actually working on another project that lives at the dining room table; I work on it for a few minutes most afternoons whilst enjoying a cocktail prior to making dinner.  It's a pair of felted slippers for Oogyhubby's friend, M.  I've finished the knitting on one and just started the other.  Sewing and machine felting will follow, and then of course packing and mailing before the holidays!

(Well, there are still 8 million other projects and proto-projects all over the place, patiently waiting their turn.  That time will come!)

In other news - it's kind of creepy when it's 75 degrees out but there are no leaves on the trees!  We're expecting a Big Wind today, which should blow all our leaves into the woods - very little raking needed here!  The wildlife has been relatively scarce lately too.

Stay safe and well :)

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I need to pay close attention to the directions on T&T still, which is why it has been languishing for the past few weeks while I work on less central executive network-demanding projects. Seeing your progress is inspiring, though. It looks awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons