Hat For a Doc

Hello on this Freezer Bingo Friday!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted something here.  While I still have a ton of projects in various stages of completion, I haven't finished any until fairly recently.  Now I have a few to share!

First up - a hat for our physician who is retiring at the end of this year:

Closeup of vintage button I used instead of a pom-pom (or nothing):

This gentleman has been our PCP for about 30 years, and I thought we'd all retire at about the same time.  We'll both miss him for sure!!

This hat gave me a ton of trouble at the end.  It's knit in brioche stitch, which can be a challenge for a brioche semi-newbie, but that part was OK and even the crazy twisted cable cast-on worked out great.  I hated the double-sided brioche decreases, which created a kind of open-work wedge at the top, so I tried to experiment with other patterned decreased (fisherman's rib and such). In the end I gave up and just used a vanilla increase for a 1x1 ribbing pattern.  It came out just fine and I even had maybe 3 yards of yarn left to spare!! (It was all worth it, though - brioche is super squishy and perfect for this yarn and hat!

I've got a shawl soaking in the sink and a couple of other things approaching the finishing phase so hopefully more pics soon!

Stay safe and well :)

Comments

neuroknitter said…
First of all, the button is awesome.
Also, you have been so lucky to have the same doc that you like for so long. I hope you and oogy hubby find another PCP that you like as much!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons