Facing the Dread

Hello on this tomato and bean soup Friday!!

I wanted to share another FFO (Finally Finished Object) with you - one that languished in the "to-be-finished" pile forever!!!  And it only needed to be blocked - everything else was done!!  

Here's why.  Neuro and I dyed some amazing yarn a couple of years ago - and one of them is a beautiful, vibrant, bright blue.  I probably added too much dye, since it ran when I washed it and turned my fingers and wooden needles blue when I knit with it.

And, silly me, I combined it with undyed yarn!  Both a lovely and soft merino/cashmere blend (evidently I created a project page on Ravelry, otherwise I'd never remember the yarn or the name of the pattern - Pure Joy, by Joji Locatelli)..

It turned out beautifully.  And I was afraid to block it due to the bleeding.

Yesterday I decided to give it a try.  The blue ran like crazy!!  And I thought I had most of it under control.  But then it bled as it continued drying.  

And you know what?  I really like the effect!  It's like a subtle stripe that I meant to do.  And it's pretty uniform throughout in terms of color and width!!  Who knew??

In other news - we're expecting our (more than likely) largest snow storm here for this winter season.  Although it's going to depend on where the snow/rain line is, so how much snow is still anyone's guess.  

Stay warm, dry, and safe!



Comments

neuroknitter said…
It really does look intentional, and beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons