Thing A Month - February - Magic Loop

Dear Neuro,

I'm a little behind in starting my February project for Thing A Month. My assignment is Magic Loop.  This is  a technique for knitting smaller things in the round on one large circular needle, instead of on 4 or 5 double-pointed needles.  I love my DPNs, and have not had a need for Magic Loop, so have never learned it!  Thanks to your head start/practice kit, I was able to mess around first:



Several YouTube videos later, and after much practice, I took some sock yarn and got started:



My first impressions are that, once you get used to this technique, it is fun and pretty straightforward.  At this point, I still prefer DPNs, but I've got a lot of sock yet to go on this one.  Also, I find colorwork socks extremely fiddley on DPNs - I wonder if Magic Loop is a good approach for that, what do you think?

Also, here is the last of the Warm South America projects, a Wingspan in yarn that you and I hand-dyed several years ago with MIL Oogy:



Lots of other stuff on the needles, but with the goal of finishing the Magic Loop socks this month - and it's a short month! - I need to remain somewhat focused!

I hope your February project is going well thus far!

Love,
Oogy

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I'm like you, preferring the dpns, although you make an excellent point about color work.

The Wingspan is absolutely gorgeous. I have such fond memories of our day of dyeing with MIL Oogy. Do you think she knew then what monsters she was creating?

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons