First Sock!!

Hello on this windy Monday!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here!

Yesterday afternoon I put the finishing touches on the first sock from the CSM:

I'm going to finish the second one in the same way.

So, things I like so far - the tubes are wicked fun to crank, and they only take maybe 1/2 hour (unless you drop a stitch, then double that).  You can use all the yarn on the skein, because what I did was just unravel enough to knit the cuff in rib, and the second sock was just a continuation of the tube!  I also like the mix of hand knitting and machine knitting.  And I like using about 20g of leftovers for the heels and toes.

What I don't like so far - there are a lot more ends to work in this way.  And - I'm not wild about this first Afterthought Heel - it's a bit short.  I used exactly half of the stitches, but in some cases a deeper heel is called for, especially in shortie socks that have a tendency to slip.  Also - I'm pretty sure this yarn was meant to be self-striping, perhaps for a 64-count tube (my cylinder is 72; I'm still contemplating the wisdom of getting a 64 as well).

You can do heels and toes on the CSM with minor manipulation, and I'll give that a try at some point.  I think I'll try the deeper heel on a pair of shorties next.  It looks like I can get a normal pair and a short pair out one tube, so I'll be attempting that for my next trick as well.  More to come!

I ran out for my usual weekly errands today and realized that this is probably my last Monday of wandering around before I start my real job next week!  I may have to go back to doing the grocery shopping on Sunday mornings!  I still like to avoid the crowds, even when there isn't a pandemic!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
That sock totally rocks!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows