The Birds

 Hello on Taco* Tuesday!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

*Yes, finally - tacos on Tuesday once again!  I've learned that you can pretty much put any protein, an interesting sauce, slaw of some sort, and possibly cheese or nuts (depending on the sauce) in a soft taco shell.  It makes for a tasty, if not messy, meal!

I continue to work fairly monogamously on knitting projects - either preemie mitts or the NNWA, so no yarn pics to show you just yet.  I will also be dyeing up some sock yarn for a special request.  Oogyhubby's friends' wife (if you can follow that) has asked for socks in pink and purple, and I figured out a way to do this without breaking any of our yarn rules (which I did enough of back in February and haven't even done any of my penance knitting, LOL).  I have some stash sock yarns that will work, so if I crank them as tubes and then dye yarn in pink and purple for heels and toes it should all work!  (Of course I still need to finish the one sock that's on there, but we'll pretend there's a clear path ahead for this.)

We're actually getting some warmer weather this week, and for two days in a row I've heard a couple of red-winged blackbirds nearby, calling at the top of their lungs.  No migrating flocks yet, though - although there were the hundreds of crows that stopped by for a couple of days last week, following a few dozen geese who thought our field was a pond (it was very wet at the time).  Astronomical spring is just around the corner, but our meteorological spring lags just a bit behind that.

Also this coming weekend - Daylight Saving Time (what a farce!) and Pi Day!  Still drooling after hearing Neuro describe the apple pie she had in the oven the other night, I got one (frozen) for us to consume on Saturday (I'm thinking pi minus some other factor will get us to about 7 PM that evening).  LW mentioned having some apple bread recently and so I found a recipe for that - perhaps to make on the appropriate day/time, having devoured the pie the night before.

(For all you Alexa owners out there - if you're looking for some fun, ask her to calculate pi to 100 digits.)  

In other wildlife news - we spied a very floofy foxie at the edge of the field last night.  Go get those varmints!!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Great sock production strategy! I'm eager to see the result!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows