My Favorite Place

Hello on this Turkey Burger Tuesday!!

We're just back from a trip to my favorite place, Head of the Meadow Beach in North Truro, Cape Cod, post-season:


Oogyhubby got us a Sun Ninja, which was absolutely perfect for the sun and wind conditions (with a small learning curve where you need to figure out how to work with the wind instead of fighting it - watching the videos first would have helped!).
 

(I stole this pic from the internet - this is not us, LOL).

At one point a friendly little dog saw our shade, came over, licked my elbow, and laid down in the cool sand next to me.  So these can work as friendly dog traps as well, LOL.  I highly recommend these for the beach - you just scoop enough sand into the pockets to anchor the four corners.  It comes with stakes for use inland as well.  The fabric is some kind of miracle stretchy thing that also has UV protection.  And the whole thing stuffs into a little bag that weights no more than 10 pounds.  I can't say enough about these little gems, except - where have these been all my life???

I also completed the items for the Next Nephew Wedding, including the (very late because it was in June) bridal shower pillows:


I wet blocked the afghan on the bed in our room:


Wait - what the hell is this????


Ugh - a dropped stitch.  I've been doing this a lot lately - what the heck???

I got that repaired and went on to knit like a fiend on some other stuff that I'll show you another day.

In other news - it seems that the house and property were just as we left them (only the grass kept growing, LOL!).  It's nice to be home - the sign of a good vacation.

I hope you're safe and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Welcome home!!! Sun Ninja looks awesome, esp. if it attracts cute canines.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons