Proto Socks

Hello and guess what day it is???????

For some reason I continue to work obsessively on the Casapinka MKAL.  Let's just say I'm catching up - and she's about to take a week off! 

I finally dyed the yarn for Oogyhubby's Warm Winter Socks (WWS!!!):

They both started in their neutral/undyed state, then I "kettle" dyed them in very dilute black - which made them a lovely tonal gray!  As soon as they cooled down enough to touch, I flung some powered dye on them and then put them in the microwave.  Not sure if this is the best way to "speckle", but I got some fun blurps of color.  The one on the left got a bunch of Bright Blue (and a bit of Neon Yellow and Sangria), whereas the one on the right got about the opposite in quantities of the same colors.

I plan to start with the one on the left, and have decided on this pattern.  I really should cast that on this evening to get off to a good start!

In other news - we've had the loveliest weather here for the past several days - cool, sunny, breezy, and some occasional rain.  I can see some of the leaves are thinking about changing color already, although it seems too soon!

Stay healthy and safe :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons