First Time for Everything!

Hello on this non-taco Tuesday!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here!

I have to say that I've been somewhat influenced by my emotional support Canadians in terms of swatching for big-deal projects.  For most of the things I make, gauge doesn't really matter a lot - a hat will always fit someone, no one cares about an afghan, a shawl is a shawl, etc.  

But giving Oogyhubby a knitted vest - this calls for a swatch!!


 And I'm already thinking that I want to go down a needle side to get the fabric that I want.  I'll try that in a couple more inches, then wash/block it, then ask Oogyhubby what he thinks.  The rest is math!

We had a bit of snow today, all from the Big Lake.  Not enough to bring out the tractor, but enough to coat everything, look pretty, and provide a blank slate for nighttime critter activities.  We had some big wind yesterday but things are quite calm now.

The yarn I ordered for the Goldilocks slippers and also for Oogyhubby's Samoyed hat has already shipped.  Once it gets here, I shift to the hat for priority, then the slippers, then the vest.

Never mind what else I want to make in the meantime!

Neuro and I are going to try to get through 2021 without any new yarn.  I think it's easier for me because I feel like I've bought a fair amount recently.  Anyway,  the clock starts on Friday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons