UFOs - Both Kinds!!

Happy Monday!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

It's been quite the Santa's Workshop here lately, so I'll have some things to show you later on, but for the time being here's the latest progress on the NNWA:


(I think the flash washed the colors out a bit.  Amazingly enough, the sun is out today!  It's still cold though!)

It's become rather large so working on it can be a bit cumbersome (especially if there is a dog trying to put his squeaky toy on your lap at the same time!).  I continue to be very pleased with this project!

I heard anecdotally that the sudden and unexpected demand for this yarn created some temporary shortages and probably even caught the attention of the yarn company!  I think that's awesome.

So we had a strange sighting yesterday; I didn't realize that Oogyhubby had seen part of it too until I mentioned it to him later on.  

I happened to be glancing out the south-facing window of my study when I saw a lone white balloon making its way, rather deliberately, across our field and towards the woods.

What's most remarkable is that it then made its way into and through the woods, avoiding low-lying trees and things, and starting a very gradual ascent.  I had to look very closely to be sure it wasn't some kind of weird drone or similar because its movements seemed so regular and deliberate.

It then rose above the treeline, into the distance, and up into the clouds.  It sort of reminded me from that blowing plastic bag in American Beauty (that movie and many others now sullied by what we've come to learn about Kevin Spacey). 

The wildlife continues to lie low, so I don't have any other encounters to report at this time.  Perhaps the deer hear all the barking now and are keeping their distance?


Comments

neuroknitter said…
This seems like the perfect time of year to be working on that afghan. Its bright colors are cheery and it will keep you warm!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons