Storm Clouds

So Happy It's Thursday!  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

I haven't posted in a while, but I really didn't have much new to share.  It was all about Santa's Workshop knitting, then working, and more work.  Which is all good.

Of course the NNWA work continues, but I actually cast on for something last night that is not a Casapinka pattern!  Her stuff is great, and I may eventually work my way through the rest of her collection, but for now I thought this one was appropriate for so many reasons:


Yes, in its very early stages, please meet Storm Clouds.  The name is appropriate because many of us here in the Northeast (but not so much here) just had a big snowstorm.  About three hours south of here they got 40 inches!!!!  We had like maybe 4 here, but it was enough for Oogyhubby to start figuring out how best to deploy the tractor for snow.

Also, there's a lot about this past year that we'd all like to forget, but I wanted to mention once again how Casapinka's Cut the Scrap! cowl got me started down a whole new path of cowls, not to mention things made with multiple colors.  I hate working in all those ends, but the results are always spectacular!  I've knit a lot of cowls this past year, and have worked in a lot of ends.  But I don't think I would have wanted to make something like Storm Clouds prior to that.  So there you go!

We did have one major deer sighting since I last posted.  Early one morning we took Benson out, only to see the silhouettes of at least 10 deer running across the field down by the road and then back into the woods.  Just when we thought we'd seen all of them, another one would run across.  I haven't seen that many together in quite a while - probably because they're up earlier than we are!

This morning there were a few deer prints out in the snow on the lawn.  No deer sightings, though!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
It's already beautiful. Do I see a dark grey peaking out of the bag?

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons