Approaching Winevent!

Hello on this Taco Monday!  I hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable, relaxing, and reflective :)

Here is Daisy's T-giving portrait:

You would think that with four days off I would have managed to finish a knitting project, but -  Oogyhubby wanted the Warm Sock legs even longer, which means I had to figure out how best to navigate that since they're knit top-down (unravel one stitch at a time versus picking up the stitches and unraveling the cast-on - at least for this yarn!).  Well, I did offer them to him as custom socks, and they fit perfectly so far.  One sock is now complete, and I've started the cuff for the other.  I'll definitely finish them this week, just in time for -

ABKAL!!  That's right!  Casapinka is up to no good and now both Neuro and I have extracurricular holiday knitting going on (or at least it will get started later this week, probably Wednesday).  I'm going to use the 2021 Annual Dyeing Weekend neon yarns and then some interim gray mohair and purple laceweight.  No idea what it will look like except it will be rectangular.  More to come on that!

I didn't get any yarn advent calendars this year, but I did manage to score a wine advent calendar:


These are single-glass bottles so it's not like I'll be totally sloshed for the rest of the month.  A wise friend suggested that I open each door in the morning so that if it's a white it will have time to chill.  Cheers, indeed!

Also this past weekend we hung the giant wreath on the side of our house (that came along with the house but lives above the garage in the off-season).  I think we got all the logistics squared away, and the wreath secure for any outlier wind gusts, but it didn't occur to us to make sure that the lights (which all work!) were arranged symmetrically.  From a distance the whole thing looks a bit like a bent bicycle tire.  Welcome to rural living, LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons