Lost in the Shawls

Hi to all on this Bruschetta Shrimp Saturday!!

Lately I've been making so many Casapinka projects that I'm starting to forget the names of them all!! (Of course it doesn't help that they're all still in various stages of finishing!)  The other day I wove in the ends of a shawl I'd completed fairly recently and then decided to block it.  It's huge and lovely:

The colors here are a little browner than in real life, but at least you can get the idea.  I'd splurged and gotten some Miss Babs yarn for this project, and as always her colors are amazing and the yarn is a real pleasure to work with!  (And why did I have to look at the page when I went to get the link, there are some AMAZING combos there!!!)

This shawl's name, by the way, is Snark-O-Meter.  I think Casapinka found her voice in this project, because Pinion continues with the feline perspective and all the tragically hilarious events in their lives.  I think I managed to keep apace of this KAL for the most part - well, except for the finishing!

In other knitting news - I'm still on Pinion 4, and work continues on the final portion of Just Beachy.  And I'm maybe about 25% of the way through the second yoga sock - thinking these will be New Years gifts instead, LOL.

In other news - My car needed to get inspected before the end of this month so I took it yesterday.  I was happily knitting along said yoga sock #2 when the nice man told me that essentially my car failed inspection because it has terminal car cancer.  Evidently something about the car frame is severely rusted, required to pass inspection, and more expensive to fix than my 16-year-old werewolf-killer-car is worth.

I'm not so sad about having to think about getting another car, but I am surprisingly sad about losing this one.  It's been amazing!  It's a very simple Honda Accord - manual transmission, no frills, very few electronics.  I got it for a terrific price and brand-new - there were only 11 miles on it when I took it for a test drive!  Very low maintenance (there were some issues with the AC, but the parts that make it go were awesome).  I'll probably wind up donating it and will start looking around to see what's available these days.  Sigh.

To end on a happy note - I believe our Daisy has fallen in love with Oogyhubby.  He pulled into the driveway yesterday as we were walking around down on that end and she pulled on the leash and wiggled until she could get to him and greet him!

Stay safe and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The shawl is so beautiful!
I'm sorry about the car...stupid salt and rust and winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows