Gratitude

Hello on this Crystal Shrimp Sunday!

Here we are, post-holiday, awash in gifts and leftovers.  Such a wonderful time to spend time with family and friends, virtually or in-person!  

Oogyhubby (OH) and I had originally planned to cook our butts off yesterday, as well as eat all day long, but we quickly realized that our ambitions were larger than our stomachs!  OH made some amazing steamed dumplings, I made some (pretty decent for my first time) pho, and I also made (again, a first) Hong Kong Pan Fried Noodles (link here but with some mods).  Tonight, OH will be making a kale dish and a shrimp dish; I'll provide any sous chefing requested and also rice.

Oogyparents went a little wild with the gifts this year; one combo was a gorgeous set of glassware and some cocktail mixes.  Here is last night's margarita:

This company's mix is THE BEST: extremely flavorful, just a bit tart, and perfect at a 2:1 ratio with tequila.  I can't wait to dig into some of their other things!!

This past year has been pretty remarkable for me.  I'm working with a terrific groups of people at my "day job" and challenging my communication skills (and, frequently, my patience!) with teaching on-line.  I finished my MPH!  We have a gentle yet playful doggie who seems to like us.  As far as I know, those near and dear are safe and well.  We have a roof over our heads, plenty of food to eat, and more then enough water (especially after the last few days!).  Not to mention all of the yarn and people to knit for.  Life is good!!


Comments

neuroknitter said…
Thanks for the large dose of positivity! It turned this Monday morning frown upside down!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons