Consumed

Hello on this garlic shrimp Monday!  (BTW - last night I ended up ditching the asparagus and went with breaded chicken pieces and the squash - threw the whole thing in the oven and dunked them all in marinara!) 

No sooner had I posted yesterday when I happened across Stephen West's annual MKAL announcement.  So I signed up for that as well!  Never mind that I'm still working on last year's project - but I'm on the border, so technically in the home stretch (although the border is large??).  It calls for 500g of fingering weight yarn in 3 colors - 200g each of two contrasting colors, and 100g of something amazing.  So here's what I'm going to do.  I have the something amazing that I couldn't bear to knit into socks, and I recently stocked up on a bunch of Highland Sock yarn on sale at Webs in neutral colors for dyeing, so....  Off to the dyeing studio I go!!  I have until early October, which may seem like a lot of time, but when you factor everything in I really need to get started on all of that right away!

Oogybro sent me some fun dog-themed items recently; last night I tried the bulldog ice cube mold for the first time:


Here it is floating in whiskey:

Which is only a little weird because we have a hound - but all dogs are great!

Stay safe and well :)

Comments

neuroknitter said…
there's a cast-on party?!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons