A Tube and A Start

So Happy It's Thursday!  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

Yesterday I managed to complete my first tube on the sock machine!!

The yarn is self-striping, and I think maybe Neuro did the dyeing (Neuro - does this yarn look familiar at all??).  I've had this yarn for a while now and of course I have no notes with it or anything!

So you can see the yellow waste yarn at both ends.  It's actually not as ugly as I originally thought - I might even use it to add the heels and toes to these!

I still need to practice changing yarns/colors - I dropped a stitch both times I did that.

For my next trick, I'm going to figure out how to add the cuffs in the same yarn and then the heels and toes.  I've started with a top-down cuff at the top of the tube, and have started to mark the place that is the exact midpoint with a circular needle - this is where the Siamese Twin socks will be divided:

I think I might also cut the bonnet off of this sock and start another one.  That is, after I identify what yarn to use!!

In other news - I'm very happy to be busy working to support New York State's initiative to create a public health corps.  I started working part-time with Cornell in October and this public health series is a great fit with some of my education and experience.  I don't talk a lot about work here, but this is what will be competing for knitting time in the coming weeks so I thought you should know! (I'm also very proud to be a part of this important work to help get the citizens of our state vaccinated against the virus!)

In wildlife news - no sightings, but with a bit of snow on the ground it's of course easy to see the tracks.  Our lawn and field continue to be party central for the deer!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Those colors look familiar. The striping effect is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows