Top Down!!

 Hello on this dark and rainy Saturday!  I hope this finds you well; we're good here.

We're supposed to get some sunshine here this afternoon, which will be weird - I don't think we've seen the sun for several days now!  Last night we had some really messy weather - sleet, rain, very heavy rain, wind, snow, and at least at one point - thunder and lightning!

So my commitment knitting continues on.  The gauge swatch has been lightly blocked and dried and is awaiting Oogyhubby's opinion of the fabric; I'm still liking the smaller needle.  I haven't done any calcs yet, but once we choose a needle size I'll need to dive into that.

I had an idea for the Samoyed hat; since there's a limited amount of this amazingly lovely yet super expensive yarn, I'm making the hat top down:

That way I can just pick up the blue alpaca/wool blend (that has shipped but not yet arrived) and keep going for the rest of the brim and lining.  I tried it on Oogyhubby last night and already he said it was quite warm!  (And the fit seemed good also!!)

I've also just started the Converging Lines Cowl in a purple alpaca with a small strand of metallic silver.  I  used both balls for the 280-stitch long tail cast-on - I'd rather deal with an extra end to work in than run out of yarn halfway through all of that!  It's a pretty straightforward pattern, so will be good distraction knitting.

In wildlife news - not a lot of deer sightings lately, but there is evidence they've been here - footprints, droppings, etc.  We also catch the occasional glimpse of the orange cat patrolling the shed.  Go get those varmints!!



Comments

neuroknitter said…
Look at the halo from that yarn! It's definitely going to be warm and cozy!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows