Effuary

Hello on this shrimp scampi Saturday!

I just have to say - looking at my last post I see that was the day we had turkey soup for dinner.  Both OH and I were feeling a bit under the weather that day for some reason, but after that soup we both felt quite rejuvenated!  Perhaps a coincidence, or perhaps an indication that we should have turkey soup or similar more often!

Effuary is Casapinka's over-arching theme for this month that includes the previously-introduced inspiration for Cowldici as well as "Finish It, Fix It, or Frog/Eff It" component.  I was mulling this over when I had this conversation with my dad earlier this week:

Oogydad:  So when are you going to make me another pair of slippers?

Me:  I thought you said you were all set and that you didn't need any more.

Oogydad:  Noooo!!!!!!!

Well, here's the good news: I had a pair in process at the time he told me he was all set - so much so that they just need a quick bind-off before they're sewn together and felted.  This will be my Effuary project: Finish It!

(By the way, I don't think I would have remembered that I had a whole project bag stuffed full of these nearly-finished slippers, the pattern, the big circular needles I keep just for these slipper projects, and other felt-able yarns if I hadn't gone through it 18 times looking for those Jul clasps!!  Which reminds me - that will be yet another Effuary Finish It!!)

We got a ton of snow this past week - more than 12 inches, which is on top of what was (even when slightly compressed due to gravity and cold sunlight) another 12+ inches.  Daisy is running out of places to pee, and OH keeps shoveling little paths for her to use (she's too refined to use the driveway, which is what the boy dogs would do, I'm sure).  Our property must look rather bizarre from the air!

Stay warm, safe, and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I hadn't picked up on the Finish it/fix it/etc. aspect of Effuary. I have been thinking of fixing a sweater that always seems too short when I wear it. I'd like to wear it more, so perhaps I'll go find the left over yarn and make it happen!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons