Found!!

Hello on this turkey soup Tuesday!!!

You may recall the project I worked on several months ago - a test-knit for Green Mountain Spinnery.  It was a great experience, I was able to provide some useful feedback, and for the first time in a long time I worked on that one project only!

Along the way I made a few mods for myself, including swapping out buttons and buttonholes for super pretty brass closures from Jul Designs.

When I finished all the knitting, I set the project aside to work on other items (b-days, holidays, etc.).  About a month or so ago I thought it was finally time to do the finishing, including working in the ends (not too many!), blocking the garment, and sewing on the closures.

I could not find the closures.  Anywhere.  I'd tidied up a few times since I last saw them, so I looked in all the project bags that currently house proto-projects.  At least three times!  I found the extra skein of the yarn I'd bought just in case, but nothing else.  Then I looked again.  And again.

Turns out I'd tucked the whole thing away in a small little project bag that I thought housed the leftovers from a much earlier project - so I hadn't checked it until just this past weekend.  And there they were!

And what else was in there?  The two wee balls of yarn left over from the project (separated from the extra skein!!), and my (probably first-ever!) gauge swatch!!!

So now inbetween Pinion, Cowldici, OH hat, and many other things, I plan to finish this lovely sweater once and for all, and maybe even manage to wear it before the warmer weather (eventually) arrives!!

In other news - Daisy wandered into the kitchen last night when I was cleaning up and at one point started licking one of the (dirty) pans sitting in the open dishwasher.  I was so proud!!

Stay warm, safe, and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I can't wait to see that sweater commence its mission to be an oft-worn piece of the Oogy wardrobe!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons