Beads and Mohair

The beads arrived on Saturday, which gave me just enough time to start over with only one strand of Kidsilk Haze and figure out the slipped stitch edges.  The pattern is just starting to emerge:


The beads and yarn together look amazing.  The pattern is an 8-row repeat, is easy to memorize, and I can tell right away if I've messed up.  Also - the yarn is so sticky that there's little worry about things falling off the needles and becoming a mess of unraveled confusion.  I'm really enjoying working on this project.

I mailed the Nephew Wedding Afghan this morning, and it should be there by Wednesday.  At some point I need to start planning another adult-appropriate afghan to have in reserve - either partially or fully completed - so that I can have it on hand for the next surprise event.  Evidently I already have two completed baby afghans in reserve, and one partially complete, so I'm covered there (no pun intended!).

In other news - we were out fairly late last night and nearly ran into an entire fleet of deer on the way home.  At home, only one deer was wandering around in the field, looking as if she were contemplating charging at the car.  

There seem to be three cats patrolling the field these days - one solid black one, one black and white one (that literally looked like a penguin at first glance, being so far away at the time), and the orange one that is in love with one of the foxies.  I assume they're keeping the varmint population in control and away from the house, which is just fine with me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows