Getting Closer

I am declaring my Girasole swatch experiment a success!!


You can't tell from there, but it is floofier, much softer, and light as a feather.  It seems like it will be super warm as well, even with all the holes.  (And, the swatch is cute as hell!)  I had so much fun with this, I'll have a hard time resisting working on this project.  But - it's got to get in line behind holiday knitting and the Cousin Wedding Afghan.  And I still need to figure out how to arrange all the colors.

Now that I've figured out how to use my high-efficiency washing machine for soaking and safe spinning, I've finally blocked Veronika:


(I'll get a couple more pics once she's completely finished.)

In the meantime, I have a couple of confessions to make (I figure if I can survive the Cuddlee story, anything goes!). 

First - whilst I was digging around in the "unfinished" bin, February Hat popped out.  Evidently I never finished working in the ends and adding a pom.  I've decided to leave it pom-less, but I've worked in the ends and it will be soaking with October Hat in the near future.  Pics of both to follow soon.

Also in the unfinished bin - the slippers I knit for myself last year, after my others blew out the bottoms.  Let's just say that I should not have doubled this yarn, which is more of a bulky weight than the worsted/DK weight.  To say that these things are huge and will never felt small enough is a massive understatement.  Inbetween the holiday knitting, I'm going to rip these out and start over.  I still need a new pair of slippers.

What else is lurking in this bin?  I'm afraid to look.  I know that the Firebird socks are still in there, awaiting needlework (I seem to do a bit every few months, LOL).  I think that there also might be a cute animal scarf in there that needs assembling (head, legs, and tail).  But I'm not going to look too much closer until I get more progress on Audrey Hepburn - I started the second skein of Kidsilk Haze, and am starting to think it might be too small.  I have a couple of ideas for augmentation, should that be the case.  Fingers crossed!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The Girasol swatch is lovely. I remember liking that pattern!
Stay warm.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows