Shrugging It Off

I made some decisions about the Audrey Hepburn I've been working on for my mom's Xmas gift.  Mostly resulting from my ignoring the pattern gauge and ending up with a much smaller item than intended.  But all is not lost - and I think I may have actually made it better!  I'll save further explanations for when I have pics - I just have a bit of finishing to do first.  For now, I'll just add that it's become more of a shrug than a shawl.  And the beads still look awesome!!

Other projects in the works include some other holiday gifts (which need to remain secret for now), and these:



I'm making these for the same friend for whom I made disrespectful lace coasters that spelled out the same word as in these mitts.  Mostly so she can get a kick out of them - even better if they keep her hands warm!  I'm using some KnitPicks Palette and yarn left over from the wedding shawl her mom made her - which I think is a wool/silk and maybe mohair blend.  There are charts, so counting is involved!

I'm expecting that November Hat will be released today, so I've been stalking Ravelry for that.  Not that I have a lot of spare knitting time at the moment, but the stash wool is starting to get restless.

I was about to report that things have been quiet around here lately when I noticed that there is a deer gazing/foraging in the woods just outside my window here.  We still have a fair amount of snow on the ground, but I don't see her doing much pawing around, so there must still be green stuff around to munch on!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
It's good to be prepared for the #%^@ cold!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows