I Have No Color Sense At All

Guess what day it is??????????  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I had been telling Neuro about the most recent KamaKama preemie mitts and how fun it was to find coordinating colors for their little ties.  I'd just made some cute orangey ones and thought they were smashing.

Until Neuro mentioned Inauguration Purple.  Boom!  Her color sense is far superior; check it out:

OK, not the best background for these, but the purple is so fabooo!!!  I'm on to the next pair and am thinking they might have to have a purple version as well.

I've also had to dip into the Knitting Swear Jar once again, this time for yarn for Oogyhubby.  He asked for warm socks, and so far has rejected some wool ones I had hanging around.  I wanted to switch to alpaca (I do have a speedy machine now!), but I didn't have any appropriate for socks (and expect that 100% alpaca would just dissolve in steel-toed boots!).  I ordered some alpaca with nylon from KnitPicks.  Only two skeins.  And I didn't add another $45 to my order to get free shipping, LOL.  I'll also be able to dye these (it only comes in Bare!) to match his super warm hat.  But this means I'll have two more projects to pay back into the Yarn Austerity initiative for this year.  Well, at least I survived January unscathed!!

In other news - like everyone else, it's cold and snowy here.  But we have power, food, and water, which is more than many others have following this latest storm.  There is more snow on the way too.  I know it's winter, but it's gotten condensed into just a couple of weeks.  Next time the weather should let us know its plans so we can then plan accordingly!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I like our policy for breaking the yarn austerity rule!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons