Obedient Plant

Guess what day it is???  I hope you're safe, well, warm, and dry.  We're good here!

Like many of us in this part of the country, we got a bunch of snow yesterday and last night as part of that Nor'easter that came flying at us and then parked.  Oogyhubby has been busy pushing all the snow around in his tractor.  It's very pretty to look at, but I'm ready for spring now!

Speaking of which - I've finally solved the mystery of the lovely tall pink flowers that are in a couple of beds on our lawn here:



I happened to be flipping through an older issue of Birds and Blossoms that my parents had passed on to me, and there it was!!  It's known as the obedient plant, because its flowers will point any way you aim them.  Evidently it's related to mint, so if you know how that goes, so go these.  The pollinators seem to enjoy them as well, and not the deer.  Well, there's that!

I've been making progress on Oogyhubby's super warm hat:


So the gray ribbing will get folded in half and the rest of it will become the inner hat.  There's enough gray ribbing that it can be turned up at the brim and still be gray on the outside.  It's kind of like an exercise in origami from here on out, but I'll take more pics later on in the process and hopefully it will make more sense then.

I'm dying to work on 4,000 other things, but the Goldilocks Project is next on the list.  I just have to get through these two projects before I can go nuts with something else!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Any plant that bees and butterflies like is awesome. Bonus if the deer aren't interested! The pictures reminded me that spring and summer will happen.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons