Not Quite Finished Yet

Hello on this soon-to-be-snowy Sunday!  I hope you're well and safe; we're good here!

Yesterday Oogyhubby and I decided the next steps for his Samoyed Hat.  It was very cold and windy out, and he took it for a test wear.  He would like something more wind-resistant, so I'm going to make a lining of sorts with that alpaca/wool blend.  It will get tacked to the inside of the hat to add a warmer layer, so the outside of the hat will look the same as it does right now:


I think I can probably get that done fairly quickly, and I'm even going to go down another needle size so that it's a little denser.

Storm Clouds has long been off the needles but was waiting for some finishing and is now drying off from its swim:

This was a super fun project that does very well with smaller amounts of fingering weight yarn, so it's quick and it eats up those leftover bits as well!

Brace yourselves: Nearly 30 years later, Oogyhubby has finally asked me to make him a pair of socks (because his feet get cold when he's out on the tractor).  I asked him to test-wear a pair I'd made for myself (but had never worn) so he could tell me more about fit, warmth, etc.  I'll need to fire up the sock knitter for this one, just as soon as I find or make some manly colored yarn!

In wildlife news - not much to report, not even tracks across the lawn lately.  There have been a couple of plastic bags blowing about that Benson finds to be incredibly threatening, but otherwise it's been quiet on that front.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Nice combo of FO and nearly FO!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons