Somewhat More Interesting

It didn't seem like there were a lot of blog-worthy things going on so far this week, but somehow that is different today!

To start with - wildlife sightings!  The deer have been wandering around in the forest to the east of the house on and off all day.  And evidently we have a pileated woodpecker!  I can't tell if the one I saw was male or female, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out.  For a brief time it was hopping around the base of a tree on the north side of the house.

They don't technically qualify as wildlife, but I'm always glad to see our neighbor's goats out in their back pasture; I think there are about 10-12 of them, no idea what kind they are.  When it was so cold recently, it seemed like they were inside for the better part of a week, and I kind of missed seeing them out there.

On the yarn front -

An interesting link to a series of how-do videos on the Mason-Dixon Knitting blog.  While I tend to rely on YouTube for helping me when I'm stuck on something, I don't go looking for things I've never heard of.  While I do know many of the techniques in this particular series, I am still pondering just how the Helical Stripes work.  I may need to make another hat just to have the opportunity to try it out!

Speaking of hats:
I cast on for the Water Hat inbetween cleaners and realtors yesterday.  Cables come next and require attention and counting, so this may need to pause for a bit while I focus on...

The Hawthorne is tolerating the Zigzagular sock pattern so far, but since it's a 20-row cable-ish pattern I need to count and focus.  This is the left sock, and I've just turned the heel.

This is a fleece blanket that has its edges fringed and then tied together.  Who would have thought that synthetic fleece could be so warm and cozy, but it makes the BEST blankies.  A fun, non-knitting project that is taking a lot longer than I originally had in mind.

Lastly, a random baby mitt in progress - I needed to include something non-bluegreen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows