Somewhat Hearsay

I do have a couple of stories about recent wildlife sightings, but they're not really mine.  Before I spied some of the deer in the east woods this afternoon, I thought that's all I would have.  It snowed all day, and it still pretty cold here in the Northeast, so everyone (myself included) has been lying low.

A few nights ago, Oogyhubby was returning from a social engagement.  I hadn't seen the deer in a few days, and we were both wondering if he'd scared them off for a while after taking a walk into the back woods and flushing them out.  What he tells me is this - as he is driving up the driveway, they leaped in front of his car, one by one.  There were at least three of them.  They are not small, but everyone emerged unscathed.

A few weeks ago, again when Oogyhubby was returning from a social engagement after dark, he came upon a creature standing in our driveway, staring at his car as it approached.  It was bigger than a cat, had a snoot sort of thing, and kind of lumbered off before he could get a closer look.  A friend, who happens to live nearby, suggested it was a possum - he said they always like to get a good look at what is coming at them.  It was the perfect description!  I think I caught a glimpse of our possum yesterday, wandering behind the shed.  I was inside, so there was no staredown.

Right now there is a very howl-able full moon out my window to the east.  Evidently it is a Supermoon, and is also called the Snow Moon.  It is indeed very bright!

No knitting pics today, but I am starting to phase in some cross-stitch to help circumvent any repetitive injuries.  I also think I found a third color for the next helix hat, and the pattern for February Hat is released tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows