Finally Friday!!

TGIF to all of my friends who have made it this far through the work-week!  I will still look forward to wine-o-clock today, in spite of my current non-working status!

In the meantime, to answer Neuro's question about a pompom for the February Hat:


Hat knitting is done, but it still needs to be blocked before I sew on the pompom.  I don't really enjoy making pompoms - mostly because I'm not very good at it, I either use too much yarn or not enough.  Fortunately, as you can probably tell, I've got a bag of these fuzzy things and have lots of fun figuring out which color to use for each of these hats!

Speaking of Neuro - some time ago, she gave me a set of size 0 Karbonz needles, and I hate to say that I haven't tried them out yet.*  That will change today, when I will cast on for a pair of yoga socks (why wait until the holidays when I know I'll want to bring a pair to a friend who actually wears them to yoga and raves about them the rest of the year!):


Also on deck for today is the repair of a hole in the Deep Breath sweater I made for myself a few years ago.  I've already re-knit the cuffs so you know I must wear it a lot, especially around the house:


Also in the finishing pile and awaiting blocking:


Lastly, today's wildlife sighting - at least NINE deer in the woods just to the south, grazing around.  We're inbetween storm systems today and tomorrow, so hopefully more of our friends will reveal themselves!**

*P.S.  I've just completed a couple of rows I can tell already that I'm really going to love working with these needles!!!

**After several days of the driveway being too icy to walk on, today I was finally able to walk down to get the mail!  In so doing, I must have startled our pileated woodpecker; now that I know her call, I actually heard her before I saw her, headed from a tree alongside the driveway to one behind the house.  I also saw a robin - I thought it was a bit early in the season, but evidently some can hang out all winter, whereas others might have gotten bored and headed back early.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
You made short work of February hat! It looks as though you have ample work to do before March hat is released.
I'm eager to see the final product of your re-purposed Green Mt. Spinnery wool.
I can report that Friday could not come soon enough. Long week!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows