Robins Galore!!

So the one robin I saw yesterday turned into dozens more today, pecking around in the yard and field and eating what I hope are copious amounts of otherwise annoying bugs.  I read that some robins hang out in flocks all winter long, and when they disperse in the spring it gives the appearance that individuals have returned for the season, when in fact they've been around all along.  Regardless, it was quite the avian haven today!

Also busy were all our woodpeckers - at least two red-bellies, and of course our pileated squawker - and the squirrels.  We're due to get a big and long-lasting windstorm tomorrow, so perhaps everyone was gathering up supplies for the duration. 

After I posted yesterday, I happened to glance out the window to see the large group of deer within just a few feet of the house.  Not wanting them to get too comfortable about approaching, I opened the door and hollered at them.  They appeared quite miffed before literally turning tail and heading back into the woods.

I continue to enjoy knitting with the Karbonz needles - so much so that I've just created the non-existent heel for the first yoga sock!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows