Late Night Shopping Spree

Guess what day it is????  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

So I found myself unable to sleep one night last week, and ended up watching yet another pair of Emotional Support Canadian knitters on YouTube.  They were talking about electronic spinners, and suddenly I found myself ordering a Nano.  It's laser printed, purple, and absolutely adorable!  It arrived today and I can't wait to try it.  Pics to follow.

Speaking of pics, I've made some progress on the Cats and Dogz shawl:


Yes, I took this on the deck today.  Our spring weather has been absolutely glorious so far!  I know we'll pay for it later - either in terms of cold mud, or perhaps another super-hot summer.  But It's just amazing right now.

Each of these colors is laceweight doubled.  I wasn't too sure the greens would be that different, but they really are.  I like the combo of them all very much!

We heard a commotion outside yesterday around dinner time, turns out it was The Farmer fertilizing the fields!  I guess we should declare it officially spring with his arrival!

On a sad note - the reason for the late-night shopping spree was that we had to make the hard decision to say goodbye to our sweet little brown dog, Benson.  He had a neurological disorder of some sort that made him increasingly aggressive and really scary, so that the sweet brown pup was here less and less, and the ferocious snarling beast was here more and more.  We're incredibly sad, but we know that his last 8 months were filled with play, a soft and safe bed, sunbeams, hide-and-go-seek, some car rides, the Ws, and more sacrifice than we thought possible - and all way better than what he experienced in his first three years.  Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows