Yarn Flinging!!

Hello on this cloudy Saturday!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I've been working away on many things socks this past week, including some finishing work on the shorties with a wide heel.  I'll have some pics soon.

I still need to dye the yarn for the heels and toes for the remainder of that tube, and I hope to get that done today so that knitting can commence!

In the meantime, I'm preparing some materials for the upcoming Third Annual Yarn Dyeing Weekend with Neuro and LW:

(You can also see the super cute and functional cover I scored for my CSM.  The maker does these custom, and with just my simple request for a purple print selected the most beautiful print ever!  The photo's a bit dark, but hopefully you can sort of get the idea.)

Each of these cakes will become a tube (in advance of being dyed and then knit into socks or cowls or whatever); later today there will be four more minis for accent dyeing (or whatever strikes our fancy!).  Neuro is preparing the colors for this year's theme.  Since schedules don't permit an in-person event, we'll be sending materials to each other in advance of a remote event.  LW will likely be here - she just needs to show up and have fun, LOL!!

In other news - we've had a ton of rain this past week, so everything is soggy but slowly turning green and/or flowering.  The deer triggered the motion detector early the other day; I got to see three of them wandering around on that part of the lawn.  There are still birds everywhere, but it's early yet for hummers.  Hopefully soon!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Oh, wow, it seems like our plan is getting realized. It's great to have something so awesome to look forward to!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows