What I'm Sure We Did!

Hello on this super hot and humid, parm chicken and zucchini Sunday!

I don't remember whether or not we decided to visit Yarns Down Under during this trip:


They're closed now, but I think we did visit there once (either then or another time) - I'm pretty sure this is where I purchased the (now infamous) Bear Sweater kit, which I still haven't made (but which may need to be resurrected and possibly re-engineered).

I can't believe we would have been within 2 miles of Webs and not gone there - especially considering our long history with them.  When we were in college we used to take the PFTA bus from South Hadley to Amherst just to visit them there!  At some point they moved to Northampton, where they are now.

I also remember the first time we visited their NoHo location; again, not sure if it was this trip or another, but that first visit was quite remarkable.  It's a terrific and large yarn store - but they also have a giant warehouse in the back that you can shop - with a grocery cart!!!  We went up and down every single aisle back there - in the heat of the summer with no AC.  We had a blast.

Neuro mentioned the idea of a similar trip in the future.  We had skipped Harrisville Designs altogether last time, yet they're still there (and they host some serious classes as well!!).  Who else would appear on this wish list??

I've made more progress on Shawltopia - it's now officially in the "mindless knitting" stage and is starting to come together and look awesome.  I need to spend some YouTube time with another fussy project so I can get it off and running as well.  A good day to stay in the AC and work through a few of these things!

Stay safe, well, AND cool :)  

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I remember Amherst Webs fondly. The house was packed with boxes of yarn, even on the stairs. It was so fun to poke around there. The Northampton Webs is so different, but I love it just as much.
I've started a list of places for next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons