The Never Ending Saga of Clue 1!

Hello on this much-needed-rainy Tuesday!  We were originally planning to grill brats for dinner, but have postponed that plan given the weather.  So something from the freezer instead!

In spite of knitting a bunch nearly every day for the past few days, I'm still on Clue 1 of Sharon Air!!


I finally got to add Color C, though - it's the one with the multiple colors and sparkle there at the top.  It looks awesome!!

I'm still not looking ahead to anything, even in the current clue, so I'm not able to say how much I have left to go before I can start Clue 2 (perhaps before Friday, when the next one is scheduled to be released?).

There continue to be "side projects" that I don't say much about because they might need to be secret :)  One of them I've made twice - Starry Night, by Laura Nelkin.  Laura is an adventurous designer and so of course she is the one who decided she could KNIT A STRING OF FAIRY LIGHTS!!!

My first attempt turned out pretty well, I thought (it was a gift for Neuro!).  I could see that the wire I had was somewhat thicker than what Laura used in her video tutorial, but otherwise they turned out as expected.

My second attempt also turned out well in the end - it was a string of pink lights for International Lisa.  The wire for these lights was MUCH thinner; so much so that I broke it when weaving in the center strand.  I thought all was lost, but at the 11th hour I found a YouTube video showing how to repair broken wires for fairy lights!!!  And it worked!!!!  (For this particular type there are three wires, but only two conduct the (very low-voltage) electricity; all you have to do is figure out which two, file the coating to expose the underlying wire, twist the two together, carry the third along, and - voila!).

I've got a couple "spare" sets of lights and of course the giant needles so will be making these again in the future :)

Stay well and safe!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Yay, Color C! It does look awesome.
The fairy lights have been cheering things up around here for sure!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons