And Today's Bird Is....

... Some kind of gull!  Well, gulls - there were three of them.  White birds, black wing tips, soaring flight.  I can't tell if they're of the ring-tipped variety, they were too far away to get a good look at their beaks!

Neuro is right - I'm seeing a different kind of bird nearly every day lately!  Of course many of them are migrating back/through this time of year as well, but it also helps if I look out the window and up into the sky on occasion...

Speaking of which - yesterday afternoon, after I'd posted, I spied TWO hawks circling above the forest.  They must have been looking for a quick snack before yet another winter cyclone brought cold and wind to our area.  I'm hoping that as the winds subside and the temps are on the increase, there will be more bird, and possibly mammal, sightings to report!

In the meantime, I can report some half-assed progress.  Slippers for my mom, chugging along:


March Hat, which still needs blocking and the pom sewn on (I think I've ended up using these monthly hats as a way to use up the big bag-o-fuzzy-poms that I have - they are certainly putting a good dent in it!).


Another pair of green baby mitts (it IS spring now you know!).


Frozen Margarita Socks:


WHAT??!!!!!!!!!!!

So - long story short.  Several (ahem) years ago I heard about a sock club that had super creative designs and I thought - what a great way to learn new techniques and push my knitting boundaries!!  So I joined it.  And the kits came rolling in.  They were not cheap, but they looked really cool.

Since 2008, when this whole thing started, I've made 1.8 pairs of socks out of the 6 or so kits that I got.  The first one was Seven Chakras, which I eventually finished in 2013 (after re-knitting the cuffs because I chose the wrong bind-off and it was too tight) and re-named Five Chakras with Atheist Purple Stripe after bagging two of the pattern stitches because I either messed up the counts or they just ended up looking stupid.

The second pair, Firebird, is all knit up but still in the needlepoint phase.  I hate needlework, so it's slow going, but I've got it in my active pile so eventually they'll be done and blocked and ready to go.

After some googling this morning, I learned that Tsock Tsarina passed away in 2015.  Sad.

I think these margarita socks would be perfect for a former colleague of Oogyhubby who is getting married in June.  Game on?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows