Double the Fun

We seem to have managed to avoid Snowmageddon here so far this week, but it's still cold and - well, let's call it breezy.  The domestic and wildlife are all still laying low, but I expect that to change as we get some warmer weather here over the next couple of days.

I've started the toe for the second Basic Ribbed Sock, and hope to have some pics of the finished set posted soon. 

I mentioned to my mom that I needed to make myself some new slippers, and she decided that she needs a new pair as well.  The two sets of size 13 circulars that I have just for this pattern will be getting quite the workout!  I ordered some Northampton, in merlot and charcoal - her size 8s will take 600 yards of worsted weight.  I avoided the temptation of filling my shopping cart to get the discount, and sucked up paying for shipping.  Life goes on.

I'm looking forward to baking some cookies this afternoon; with 12 minutes between batches, it's the perfect opportunity for fairly mindless knitting - thinking I'll get my slippers started if I'm not done with the sock toe by then.


Comments

neuroknitter said…
I marvel at your ability to not add more yarn to your cart! I suppose having just recently packed up all your belongings might have helped...happy slipper knitting!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows