March is Marching Along!

And so is the snow!  Just when I thought we'd seen the last of it, more appears.  ||: Then melts.  Then more appears :||  Such is life in the Northeast near a large body of water.

Another sign of the progressing times - March Hat was released this morning!  And I've got a lovely skein of Northampton in navy blue that is very eager to join in all the fun:


I eased up on the knitting for a couple of days and stuck to some needlework and slipper sewing.  Likely too much enthusiastic slipper knitting, followed by a couple of hours of golf-watching on Sunday along with the Hoover Blanket.  (A few years ago I found that watching the PGA on Sunday afternoons was the perfect exit from winter - they typically play in much warmer climes, allowing me glimpses of green grass, colorful flowers, and the occasional alligator!  I'm not a golfer, but I do appreciate the skills and imagination needed to navigate some of these tricky courses.  It's just lovely to watch and, paired with some knitting and a martini, is a lovely way to spend a late weekend afternoon.)

Hoping to cast on for March Hat and my mom's slippers later today, without overdoing it.  I'll need a break from all this slipper sewing!!

In terms of wildlife - last week I spied a some European starlings and red-winged blackbirds jabbing their beaks into the ground on a snow-free and warmer day (go, birds - eat those bugs!!!).  The deer and foxie emerge periodically for foraging, the woodpeckers fly by once in a while, and the goaties have been out most days as well.  I still hear flocks of chickadees down by the road, and of course there are still robins everywhere.  No repeat visit by the mockingbird that I can tell, but I've been watching its perch with great interest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows