Spring Has Sprung!!

And so has the casting on!  March Hat:


Slippers for my mom:


Those weird effects you see with the lighting in these pics - that would be sunlight shining through the trees!

I need to cast on some baby mitts as well - although after working with doubled yarn and size 13 needles all week, fingering weight and size 0s seems like knitting with toothpicks and dental floss.

I thought that today's sunny and warm weather would bring a plethora of wildlife sightings, but evidently they know something I don't - which is, there is some cold rain/snow on the way later this week.  Nothing awful, hopefully, but probably just enough for a buzz kill.

This is probably a good opportunity to tell you about one of our squirrels.  To me, squirrels are pretty much rats with fluffy tails and good PR, so I don't tend to get very excited about them.  But there is this one squirrel who spends a lot of time in the woods just outside my window, and every time I see him, he's either upside down or leaping from tree to tree.  One day I looked over at the woodpecker napping tree (which also gets the heck pecked out of it) and I thought - wow, the top of that tree now looks just like the silhouette of a squirrel, those peckers have been busy!  Well, it was the silhouette of a squirrel - upside down, at the top of the tree, head extended slightly upward, sort of like a downward dog yoga position.  No idea what he was doing, but it was pretty funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons