Blowout

While I hope that the title of today's post doesn't end up describing the weather we could get over the course of the next day or so - 20 years ago at this time we got 40" of snow over 2-3 days! - I did want to share an unusual (indoor) event with you.

Our upstairs carpeting is mostly light-colored, and yesterday I started to notice these bits of blue all over the place:



It turns out I need a new pair of slippers!


Fortunately, I already have everything I need.  I may not have chosen the colors for myself, but they are not unpleasant:


Pattern is Felted Clogs; yarn is Valley Yarns Berkshire (85% wool / 15% alpaca).  I've made a gagillion pairs of these in a variety of different feltable wool combos, but only this first pair for myself in 2007 (this is the pre-felted version):


These things wear like iron - they are double-stranded worsted weight, and the soles are doubled again.  This pair used to live at our cottage, where I wore them a lot in the cooler weather, and I've been wearing them fairly consistently since we moved here about 10 weeks ago.  They'll last a bit longer, but I'll be picking up all the yarn worms as well.

I don't have any wildlife updates to report; it's been cold, snowy, and windy here so far this week and I think the critters are lying low for now.  Even the goats are scarce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows