Does Not Follow Directions

All I needed to do was one row of double crochet, each side having a multiple of 10 plus 4 stitches in it.  This is the stitch count needed for the starting row of the border for the Nephew Afghan:


I counted, then did the row, then counted again.  Which came up with a different count.  I re-did the row.  This happened a bunch of times.  Cannot count.

Then, when I was ready for the first real row of the pattern, disaster struck.  I'd perfectly achieved a multiple of 10 plus 2 stitches.  Not 4.  Does not follow directions.

Now I'm back to not being able to count.  If I ever get this first row right, it will be a miracle.  (I don't keep adding a new row and adjusting the count, because it's just as much work to do that as it is to undo and re-do the row in question.)  At least the soak and spin in the washing machine worked out great - softer brown wool, no felting

I'm in love with the bead/yarn combo for Airplane, but I'm hating the pattern (if you can even call it a pattern, it's really just a huge tube):


(There is a bead in there somewhere, I promise.  In reality, it's a lot sparklier.)

I'm re-thinking my Kidsilk Haze strategy and am presently considering making Party Lace Scarf, with a couple of mods (possibly wider, slipped stitch edges, and more beads in the middle).  I haven't yet ripped out what I've done - thinking I should wait to do that until I've at least got the afghan counting situated.  Otherwise it's like I haven't done a thing!!

Last evening I happened to look out the window just as one of our deer was strolling along the path that runs between our house and the woods.  She then meandered out into the field for some casual grazing.  Not sure what the rest of the herd is up to, but every day I can see further into the woods, so I've been keeping watch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows