Actual FOs!

I do have some actual progress to report today.  Although it's still drying, here is September Hat, complete and deliberately plumage-free:


This stitch pattern was so fun and fast, I was really tempted to cast on another hat - this time, in the purple I had identified for October Hat.  I may still do that, once October Hat has been released - what if it's not a purple kind of hat?  September definitely is!!

I also finished the knitting on Brioche:


It still needs to be washed, but I don't think any blocking is needed with this pattern/yarn combo.  I used as much of this lovely and hand-dyed yarn as I could:


This was another super fun pattern to knit, and the yarn is an absolute joy.  The garter stitch sections are perfect for mindless knitting, and they are so sqooshy.  Once I got accustomed to the 4-row repeat of the two-color brioche, it wasn't much of an issue.  I see some hats that make use of two-color brioche as well as traveling stitches - perhaps that will be my next foray into brioche?  I've still got Paris's Brioche Scarf in mind for the longer term queue, and even have some yarn set aside for it - but I feel like I need some more practice/comfort before I dive into it!

In other news: we're having some beautiful Autumn weather right now.  Oogyhubby saw some deer in the neighboring field last evening, but all else remains quiet (except for the crows - this must be their party time of year!).


Comments

neuroknitter said…
The brioche scarf is beautiful. It really highlights the subtle color variations of the hand-dyed yarns!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows