Still Catching Up with September!

We had a great visit with my parents, in spite of the weather being mostly cool and rainy.  We read, played cards, made a puzzle, ate a lot (and I did a ton of dishes!), and of course I knitted up a storm, including the start of September Hat:


This criss-cross stitch is super fun and easy, and  makes for a great effect.  The pattern calls it Slip Stitch Stripe.  Who thinks of these things??

October Hat will be out soon, but I'm in the home stretch for this one so I should be back on track!

Waiting for Rain went home with my mom, who really likes anything I make for her. although she especially likes purples and pronounced this one a work of art.  Now I can start Airplane, and continue to work on everything else that is in the queue (and beyond!)!!

At one point this happened:

Oogyhubby:  Oogy, why are you licking your knitting?

Me:  Because I spilled some salsa on it (continues to lick).

(Fortunately it was on the wrong side, and wasn't very much!)

In other events:  The deer made a couple of appearances, as did the fox - although the deer took the evening shift, and the fox the morning.  The Whatever is really green right now and may actually just be hay.  Everyone was fascinated with the giant puffball mushroom, which has started to turn brownish and may actually be slightly smaller than before.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The perils of nachos and knitting...

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows