Unexpected Progress

I really obsessed about working on the Nephew Afghan, to the point where I found myself working what I thought was the third or the fourth to the last border row, only to realize that it looked great if I ended there:


I wet blocked the border a bit, and as soon as it's dry I can package it up for mailing - in time for it to arrive before the wedding!  An unexpected bonus!  (The entire afghan goes on for another foot or so on the bottom - I just couldn't fit it all in the pic without swinging from the ceiling!)

In the meantime, I made another September Hat, this one with Red Heart Heat Wave:


This is acrylic yarn that also is supposed to heat up to 12 degrees when outside (direct sun or not).  For that reason, I made it for Oogyhubby for Xmas - although he already has a wide variety of hats, I also think he likes to have options.  Covering his head is always a priority for him.

This yarn is otherwise unremarkable.  It's sort of fat - more than a worsted weight, but not really bulky either.  It had a lot of little bits of fluff in it - they were easily removed, and not always attached, but what the heck  It's also a bit stiff.  I suppose we can test it for heating ability when the weather turns colder - at least that would be something!

I've also progressed beyond the brim for October Hat, so hopefully I'll have some pics to show you in the coming days.  I'm also still mulling over the alternative for Airplane Scarf.

I saw our foxie the other day, trotting across the driveway on his way to the woods.  He is getting floofier; I know that means cold weather is coming, but it certainly becomes him.  The deer have been making sporadic appearances, although Oogyhubby told me that he had to honk his horn to get through about a dozen of them on the driveway when he came home late one evening.  There have also been a couple of cats patrolling the field lately - the varmints must be on the move as well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Cool afghan!!! The border does look great. And yes, we are undeniably getting closer to HAT weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows