Cold As

The Cold As mitts are finished and had their photo shoot this morning.  Here is a demure pic:


And here they are in their two-handed, F-bomb glory:


If you look closely, you can see the subtle design differences between the two!

I had so much fun with these that I went back and looked at the Year of Mitts that Kelbourne Woolens, of the Year of Hats fame, did last year.  I thought - why not?  Well, they're all lovely mitts, but if I'm going to make any as fussy as that, I've got a kit in my stash that I should work on instead:


(Except I took a skein of the Bright Lilac for the Cold As mitts - so I'll need to replace it at some point.)  This is another Knit Picks creation - I must have been on some sort of crazed kit spree at one point! (OK, so they have Hue Shift and Woodland Mitts kits on sale if you're interested!!)

I'll have to wait and see if Kelbourne will have a Year of SomethingElse in 2020; in the meantime, November Hat is drying and has a pompom waiting, December Hat will be out in a couple of weeks, and May Hat will be accompanying the Same As mitts to their respective recipients!

We've had a fair amount of snow this week, in dribs and drabs mostly, but today marked the first day I got stuck and needed to rock my car to get out.  Of course it was in my own driveway, as I was backing into the garage - how embarrassing!  Hopefully only the woodland creatures were there to laugh at me, and without their footprints in the snow I wouldn't be able to tell that they were ever there!

(P.S.  I'm still knitting away at Hue Shift - what a lot of knitting!  I'm still enjoying it, though, and should be done with the second (of four) large square before too much longer!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows