December - Oh My!!

You guys!!!  It wasn't until I was in bed last night, with the light out and the ocean* on, when I realized that I'd forgotten all about it - the pattern for December Hat was released yesterday!!  And it's a goodie**, with lots of pudgy cables and the possibility for gender neutrality.  I'm going to make it with a male-appropriate color but, if I like it as much as I think I will, there will be a second one in the works before too long! 

*The only thing that beats this noise on our sleep-sound machine is the actual ocean itself!!

**No wonder it's the #1 "Hot Right Now" pattern on Ravelry this morning!!!

Also - in spite of all my earlier work on the holiday knitting, realizing all along that there is less time between the November and December holidays this year, and spending Monday afternoon baking cookies, I'm quickly running out of time to get these last cards and packages (cookies!) in the mail.  When did that happen??

No pics today - all I would have for you is a couple more squares on the Cousin Wedding Afghan, and yet another couple of pairs of baby mitts (which, for some reason, I've been wanting to crank out this week!).  I may have something for you later though - Oogyhubby needed a larger tote bag for an office event (it fits the crock pot beautifully) and, upon disgorging it of its yarn contents, I came upon yet another partially finished baby afghan.  Well - really all it is right now is a giant pile of granny squares.  I thought that I'd lay them out on the bed later and see what we've got.  I know I don't need any more of these for now, but if it's close to being finished it would be a nice accomplishment early in the New Year!

Speaking of Oogyhubby, and in other news - he told me the other night that, upon arriving home from work and driving up the driveway, he encountered no fewer than 20 deer out in our field!  Now, I haven't seen ANY of them in days, although there are always tracks in the snow.  I did spy Orange Cat and also the new gray striped cat at different points yesterday, but that's been it for my own wildlife sightings lately!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
You have enough projects going on to keep you busy for another year!!
Should we come up with a theme for 2020?

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows